Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Great Ordinary

Tuesday June 6's learning


Today we are going to begin to work to further develop our reading skills and being able to respond to a variety of texts in different ways.
You will be continuing to develop your skills in reading for meaning and understanding.


LI: We are learning to annotate a text.

SC: I can offer my opinions about what I notice in the text
SC: I can make brief notes on my text, that I can use in my response.
SC: I can identify some of the language features used in this text.
SC: I can use the clues given in the text to help me explain what the text means.

Sequence of Today's lesson.


Free Writing ( choices are on the board)

Class reading: The Great Ordinary The Photographs of Edith Amituanai
                       
Class text for study: At the end of the Driveway by Tim Upperton

We are going to annotate the poem together, then you will work to complete the response work for this poem.
You will need to keep your annotated copy of the poem to help you.

Responding to the poem work.

No comments:

Post a Comment