Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sons' Flood Heroics: Article. Reading Skills

Tuesday 9 May

Today we are going to be working to develop our reading skills by independently reading an article and working with your hero cycle partner to complete the response for this article.

I have already smart shared the Response Sheet and this is in your English folder. When you have completed the task, ( which should only take 1 period or it can be finished off for homework) I would like you to put it into your reading skills folder.

I have a paper copy of the article for you to read.

LI: We are revising and developing our skills for reading unfamiliar text.

SC: I can use the silent reading time to read the article carefully.
SC: I can discuss my ideas, about the main ideas, vocabulary and phrases in the article with my partner.
SC: I can complete the response task, using complete sentences, specific detail as required.

Today's lesson

Free Writing task- choices are on the board.

Silent reading- Directed reading of article.

Response work for article, discussing ideas and completing the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment