Monday, March 13, 2017

What makes a hero?

Monday 13 March

Thank you for working on your self reflection task about your work, progress and goal setting ideas about your efforts in English.
Some of you still have some work to do here and you will need to make sure that this is finished. I will continue to check in with some of you to see how you are getting along with this task.

We are now beginning to explore our ideas and thoughts around what makes a hero. This work will lead us into thinking about the heroes in our own lives, and what are the personal qualities a hero has.

LI: We are learning about what makes a hero
SC: I can contribute my ideas about the qualities a hero has to the padlet
SC: I can identify and  develop my own ideas about a hero in my life,
SC: I can use the SEX-Y paragraph structure to explain the importance of my hero to me in my life.

Lesson Sequence
Reading will be directed today, click on the link below to take you to a hero story. Read it carefully and see if you can identify the qualities this person showed during a terrible ordeal.

The Unsung Hero of Bourke Street.

Contribute your ideas about what makes a hero on the Padlet.
A hero is Padlet

We are then going to explore our own heroes in our personal lives. I would like you to make a document in your English folder and call it My Hero.
Using the SEX-Y paragraph structure, I'd like you to write explaining;

  • Who is your hero?
  • What makes them a hero to you?
  • Why do they inspire you?
  • How do they show you they have the qualities of a hero?




No comments:

Post a Comment